Author Topic: Drew Butera  (Read 55 times)

elaine95

Drew Butera
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:24:59 »
Mark Cunningham/Getty ImagesDetroit Tigers announcersMario Impemba and Rod Allen were reportedly involved in a physical altercation Tuesday following the Tigers' 8-3 road win over the Chicago White Sox.According to The Athletic's Katie Strang http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-danny-duffy-jersey , Fox Sports Detroit sent Impemba and Allen home after the incident and replaced them withMatt Shepard and Kirk Gibson in the booth for Wednesday's game.Sources told Strang there has been "simmering tension" between Impemba and Allen due to a "clash of personalities."One source referred to them as an "odd couple." Another source said they had "not seen eye-to-eye for a long time."Fox Sports Detroit general manager Greg Hammaren released the following statement regarding the incident, but he did not provide specifics: "My only comment is this we are addressing an internal matter and we will not have any further comment at this time."The 55-year-old Impemba is a Detroit native who has been the Tigers' play-by-play announcer for Fox Sports Detroit since 2002.Allen, 58, is a former MLB outfielder who appeared in 31 career games for the Seattle Mariners, Tigers and Cleveland Indians.He joined Fox Sports Detroit in 2003 and has been one of a handful of former players to work alongside Impemba as a color analyst.Fox Sports Detroit has yet to announce if Impemba or Allen will be subject to any discipline beyond missing Wednesday's game. CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs left struggling reliever Carl Edwards Jr. off their roster for Tuesday night’s NL wild-card game against the Colorado Rockies.Edwards had a 5.14 ERA in 11 September appearances. He walked 12 in seven innings.Manager Joe Maddon said Edwards also is dealing with a forearm strain.“We wanted to be very careful right now Frank White Jersey , and we thought if we did not push him right now, he would be available for the next series,” Maddon said.The Rockies had three catchers on their roster for the single-elimination game: Chris Iannetta, Drew Butera and Tony Wolters. They opted for 10 pitchers, including former Cubs closer Wade Davis http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-joakim-soria-jersey , and 15 position players.“Some other clubs might have a few more tough decisions based on the, maybe some of the experience and tenure of their roster, but in our case, it was pretty straightforward,” Rockies manager Bud Black said.Reliever Pedro Strop Kelvin Herrera Jersey , who has been out since Sept. 13 because of a hamstring injury, is one of 11 pitchers on Chicago’s roster for the game at Wrigley Field. Speedy outfielder Terrance Gore also is active.“I told them a couple days ago, the last two games I was telling them Sunday I wanted to be in. They said no, they were aiming for Thursday,” Strop said. “Yesterday http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-alcides-escobar-jersey , I told them, ‘You know what, there (won’t be) Thursday if we don’t get Tuesday. So let me go in. Let me be available. If you find a spot for me in the game, put me in the game.'”Chicago and Colorado each dropped tiebreaker games for their respective division titles on Monday. The Cubs lost 3-1 to Milwaukee, and the Rockies fell 5-2 to the Los Angeles Dodgers.