Author Topic: AoC Customizations  (Read 76716 times)

Nohkron

AoC Customizations
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:28 »
Custom mousepointers:

Ingame screenshot with the cursors I modified
(They have been altered for maximum visibility, I'm perfectly aware of the fact they lost most of their eyecandy details)

Download: here

NOTE: I am still running DX9 myself, so I had no way of checking out the DX10 cursors ingame, if they don't work leave a note please.

AoCQS/ MousePointer plug-in install instructions (by Tiar):

Install And Usage
  • First install Aoc Quickstart v2.2.0.0 or newer, earlier releases will not work.
  • Download the plug-in, unzip and put the plug-in into <INSTALL_FOLDER>\AoCQS\Plugins
  • When developing mouse pointers tick on "Show Log File" in the Configurator to see what the plug-in does.
  • Put your custom MousePointers in <Age of Conan directory>/Data/Gui/Customized/gfx/MousePointers/
To the UI developers
  • The *.tga files are used for the DX9 client.
  • The *.cur files are used for the DX10 client.
  • I don't know what the *.ico files are used for.
Uninstalling the custom MousePointers
  • Just delete the MousePointers folder under <AoC dir>/Data/Gui/Customized/gfx/
  • When you start the patcher afterwards, the game will download the original cursors again.

Floating target's target:

If you are ingame type: /setoption floating_targetstargetportrait_window 1 - or alternatively go into Interface Options \ Hud \ Enable movable target's target

Changing the font used by target's target Hud by opening FloatingPortraitView.xml in Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\Views\Hud\

Code: [Select]
       <TextView name           = "NameView"
                  feature_flags  = "TVF_RENDER_SHADOW|TVF_RENDER_HALO"
                  default_color  = "active"
                  font           = "NORMAL"
                  layout_borders = "Rect(0,0,0,0)"
        />
        <TextView name="LevelView"
                  feature_flags  = "TVF_RENDER_SHADOW|TVF_RENDER_HALO"
                  default_color  = "active"
                  font           = "NORMAL"
                  layout_borders = "Rect(5,0,0,0)"
        />

Change the "NORMAL" to "HUGE" (<- verdana 16pt) or "LARGE_BOLD" (<- arial 14pt), depending on what you like best and which is big enough according to your game resolution.

If you are done editing save the file to Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized\Views\Hud\ so it won't get replaced on the start of the patcher, OR if you are using a custom GUI just edit the file in the customized folder directly if it already exists.

Changing the DMG number font:

Open Fonts.xml in Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\ and find <Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS" face="hyborian2" size="30" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>, change to whatever you like.

I'm using <Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS" face="verdana" size="32" weight="Bold" italic="No" antialias="None"/> (1920x1200 res)

Save the file to Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized\ NOTE: changes to this file require an AoC restart and will not be detected by typing /reloadui ingame.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:50:52 by Nohkron »

Offline Bruno

• Webmaster, Officer, Recruiter, Bot master and excelent Conqueror
  • Administrator
  • Imba Newb
    • Prijevodi - Online
  • My main char: Snyder
Re: AoC Customizations
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:52:49 »
really nice! but i think you better go digging since you have 300+ days left :)

what im interested in is: what is that window on right side of screen? and ffs, stop useing photobucket, you have image manager on web :P
Prijevodi-Online.org
Snyder - Conqueror
Konobarica - Priest Of Mitra
Unfortunate - Necromancer
Sluga - Guardian
Shupak - Tempest of Set
Demoguy - Demonologist
jQuery - BearShaman

Nohkron

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 12:03:55 »
That's the Macro window - you didn't know about it? O_o

/setoption chat_macro_window 1

... was the command if I remember correctly.

Offline Vranahar

• Guild Members
  • Sr. Newb
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 19:31:19 »
Here is a another helpful tipp:
/setoption limbo_window 1

this will open your screen if you're dead. then you can rearrange groups if there are lots of people are dead

Nohkron

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:26:56 »
l33t Chat Macros for the pro's

Chat macros allow you to execute several commands that are available through "/command" with only one mouse-click.

You can enable the chat macro window ingame with /setoptionm chat_macro_window 1

Here an example of some macros, you can setup your game for raid/groups action, or quickly set between making a few nice screenshots or movie shots:

Raid setup:
/setoption HideManaStaminaRegen 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerNames 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCDetails 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCNames 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCHealthbar 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCLevel 1    ;/setoption OnlyShowMyTombstone 1 ;/setoption ShowMyName 0 ;/setoption LockShortcutBars 1 ; ;/setoption ShowMyDetails 0

Raid screenshots (Kill shots):
/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails 1 ;/setoption ShowMyName 1 ;/setoption ShowMyDetails 1

Basic screenshots:
/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerNames 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCDetails 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCNames 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCHealthbar 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCLevel 0    ;/setoption ShowMyName 0 ;/setoption ShowMyDetails 0

With those commands above you can quickly and efficiently change between UI setups for certain situations, very awesome indeed!

If you want to add these navigate to your AoC prefs folder, usually something like  C:\...\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs\<account name>

open the file Prefs_2.xml in the above directory

Find:
   <Archive name="ChatMacrosLogin">
        <Array name="name">
        </Array>
</Archive>
If it's not in there, just create it!

Replace with:

<Archive name="ChatMacrosLogin">
        <Array name="name">
            <String value='&quot;# Raid config&quot;' />
            <String value='&quot;# Raid Screenshots&quot;' />
            <String value='&quot;# Screenshots&quot;' />
        </Array>

<Array name="script">
            <String value='&quot;/setoption HideManaStaminaRegen 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerNames 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCDetails 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCNames 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCHealthbar 1 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCLevel 1    ;/setoption OnlyShowMyTombstone 1 ;/setoption ShowMyName 0 ;/setoption LockShortcutBars 1 ; ;/setoption ShowMyDetails 0&quot;' />
            <String value='&quot;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails 1 ;/setoption ShowMyName 1 ;/setoption ShowMyDetails 1&quot;' />            
            <String value='&quot;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerHealthbar 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerLevel 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerNames 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityPlayerDetails 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCDetails 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCNames 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCHealthbar 0 ;/setoption ShowVicinityNPCLevel 0    ;/setoption ShowMyName 0 ;/setoption ShowMyDetails 0&quot;' />
        </Array>
    </Archive>